Bali Island 6D/5N Day 1 & 2 (Part 1/2): Arriving Bali Island & Checking Sandat Mat Cottage + Waves, Beaches and Sunshine!Saturday, November 17, 2012
We took night flight as usual as I love to have sufficient rest the night before I start my wholesome travelling day. Thanks to Air Asia for the 10cent fair promo, my effort to book ticket at 4a.m worth it as it’s just RM300 including airport tax and 15KG luggage.
The road heading to the Cottage were narrow and it’s going up and down the hill. I specifically choose this Cottage due to is location; on high cliff few metres away from the beach!
Reach Sandat Mat Cottage around 10pm, greeted with friend staff and after checking in, we were given key to our cottage.
Open air bathrooms kinda scary n bloody hot when sun rise n make up under hot sun is killing me. The only mirror is in the toilet. Can you imagine doing make up or s your hair under the hot sun in the morning?Heck I gave up and use my own small mirror!
We woke up like 8am in the morning. I of course went for a dip in the pool.
Sandat Mat Cottage
- Distance : 40 minutes from Denpasar, Bali International Airport
- Nearby Attraction : Uluwatu, Padang Padang Beach, Nusa Dua Beach, Dreamland Beach & Jimbaran
- Stay here for their soothing surrounding and beautiful design of the pool area, yummy fruit juice, strategic location.
- Address : Jalan Pantai Suluban, Uluwatu, Bali Indonesia.
- Contact No : +628155824874
- Price per night : USD 34++ (normal rate). Non air conditioned, standard fan, bed and breakfast.
Turn right from the cottages and walk along the road. Then walk down the steps and you will see lots of souvenir shops along the road side. Explore around and you will find a way to the peak point of Blue Point Beach.
There are some spots along the path where we begin to see breathtaking views.
Superb view on the first level.
Continue to walk up the stairs again. A few cafe is available where you can have plenty of time to hang around and have drinks. From this spot, the view is stunning.
- Distance: 10 minutes walking from Sandat Mat Cottage, 45 minutes driving from Kuta
- Attraction : Surfing, Beautiful cliff view, Enjoy reading with cuppa of coffee facing stunning beach view, photo shooting
- Nearby Attraction: Uluwatu, Padang Padang Beach, Nusa Dua Beach, Dreamland Beach & Jimbaran
- Location: From Entrance of the Sandat Mat Cottages just turn right and walk along the road
Padang Padang Beach is a great place for sunbathing as well as surfing.
The white sandy beach with great waves become a favourite surf spot for surfer. This surf point is situated the white stone hill with nature scenery to the Indian Ocean and spectacular sunset at late afternoon that creates the romantic nuance.
For those who don’t surf, you can enjoy sunbathing under the white umbrella and read some books.
Padang Padang Beach
- Distance: 25 minutes from Denpasar Airport or 10 minutes from Jimbaran Beach
- Attraction : Surfing, Sunbathing, Beachwear shopping
- Nearby Attraction: Uluwatu, Blue Point Beach, Nusa Dua Beach, Dreamland Beach & Jimbaran
- Location: Unggasan Village, South Kuta District
So we had Ayam Bertutu for lunch. We had the fried type and add on the satay.
The bill come out around RP 250K
Ayam Bertutu Khas Gilimanuk
- Address JL Bypass Ngurah Rai, No 89 DPS